The Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons has recognized the cancer program at Hunterdon Medical Center as offering high quality cancer care. Only one in four hospitals that treat cancer receive this special approval. The recognition of our quality and commitment allows you access to the expert medical specialists who are involved in diagnosing and treating cancer.
Approval by the Commission on Cancer is given only to those facilities that have voluntarily committed to provide the best in diagnosis and treatment of cancer. To meet the standards necessary for Commission approval, each cancer program, and the organization that controls it, must undergo a rigorous evaluation process and a review of its performance. In order to maintain approval, facilities with approved cancer programs must undergo an on-site review every three years.
So, as you begin thinking about treatment and ongoing care for your condition, you can be assured that you won’t need to travel great distances from home, because you can receive the care needed right here in your own community. No one can guarantee the outcome of any type of treatment, but by coming to our approved cancer treatment program, you can be sure that you will receive the best in diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Also, consultative services will be available from all medical disciplines involved in diagnosing and treating cancer.
Receiving care at a Commission on Cancer approved cancer program ensures that you will receive:
- Quality care close to home
- Comprehensive care offering a range of state-of-the art services and equipment
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options available
- Access to cancer-related information, education, and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results, and offers lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
- Information about ongoing cancer clinical research studies and new treatment options